LANSING, Mich. — State Sen. Lana Theis on Monday announced contests to honor the service of the 22nd Senate District’s public safety officers, front-line workers and veterans.
“Livingston and Washtenaw counties are blessed with dedicated public safety officers, front-line workers and veterans who serve or have served our communities with professionalism and dedication to their fellow Michiganders,” said Theis, R-Brighton. “I am looking forward to giving these brave men and women the recognition they deserve.”
The awards, open now through Feb. 15, will recognize people from each of the following categories:
- Public Safety Officer Awards
- Police officer
- EMS person
- Jail officer/Corrections officer
- Front-line Worker Awards
- Grocery employees
- Truck/Delivery drivers
- Other workers on the front lines
- Veteran of the Year Award
- Any veteran from any era of service of any branch of the armed forces.
Nominations should be submitted by filling out a form at the following websites:
- Public Safety: https://www.senatorlanatheis.com/public-safety-awards/
- Front-line Workers: https://www.senatorlanatheis.com/frontline-worker-awards/
- Veteran of the Year: https://www.senatorlanatheis.com/veteran-of-the-year/
District residents wishing to submit a nomination should include their name and contact information, the nominee’s name and position, and a description of why the nominee deserves an award.
Nominations may also be submitted via email at [email protected] or by phone at 517-373-2420.